The Associates of the Winnipeg Art Gallery
Thank you to everyone who supported the Wine4Art raffle! See below for the wine list and 2018 winners.
ABOUT THE ASSOCIATES
If you love art and want to make a difference in your community, become a member of the WAG Associates. Established in 1948, our group:
- Acts as ambassadors of the WAG
- Raises funds for the Gallery
- Provides volunteer support to the WAG
- Offers members a wide range of social and educational opportunities
The Associates are a standing committee of the WAG Board of Directors. Some of our major accomplishments include:
- Awarding more than 900 WAG Studio scholarships to young people
- Contributing to the acquisition of over 1,850 works of art, including support for Inuit art exhibits
- Helping develop the WAG Foundation and sustain it through donations totaling more than $885,000
- Establishing the Gallery Shop
- Initiating Art Rental & Sales in conjunction with the Junior League
- Creating the Clara Lander Library
- Join a study group: members research and present on art topics
- Attend lectures, guided tours of exhibits, and private visits to artists’ studios and homes of private collectors
- Receive early notification of often sold-out travel tours to galleries and museums around the world
- Fundraising activities and special events, including the WAG’s Home Tour
- Gallery Shop and WAG@The Forks
- Educational activities, such as docent programs,
- Art for Lunch, and audio guides for major exhibits
- Promoting the WAG and its programs
- Assisting with curatorial research and
- Inuit art projects
- From planning committees to short-term tasks
Newsletter: Receive The Insider three times a year, updating you on our latest activities. Click here to see the Associates Winter newsletter about all their latest activities.
WAG members are eligible to join the Associates for an annual fee:
Regular member $40
Student member $10
To view the application form, click here
For more information, please contact email@example.com or 204.786.6641 ext. 286
The Wine4Art Raffle featured 106 bottles of personally selected and donated wine by local wine and art lovers, all in support of the Winnipeg Art Gallery.
Two lucky winners took home 50 premium wines with a value of $50 per bottle. Each draw had a minimum value of $2500. Thanks to all who donated wine, purchased tickets, and helped organize this event!
2018 Wine4Art Winners:
- 1st draw - 50 bottles valued at over $3000 - Esme Scarlett
- 2nd draw - 50 bottles valued at over $3000 - Jocelyn Bjorklund
- 3rd draw - one bottle valued at $150 - Monica Desgagnes
- 4th draw - one bottle valued at $150 - Roger Kane
- 5th draw - one bottle valued at $110 - Karen Psooy
- 6th draw - one bottle valued at $105 - Darlene Wight
- 7th draw - one bottle valued at $99 - Maxine Bock
Learn more about this year's fantastic wine selection, click here
For the Love of Art chronicles The Associates history, activities, and the art acquisitions purchased through the years.
For the Love of Art is available at www.blurb.ca
Cost: softcover $50; $60-65 for hardcover
Additional costs include GST and Shipping (approx. $15.00).
If you have questions, or have trouble ordering, please email Diane Biehl.
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org