The Associates of the Winnipeg Art Gallery
- ART4ART - October 26, 7pm: Join us for an exclusive viewing and tour of the Richardson’s corporate collection made up of more than 50 pieces by iconic Canadian artists. More...
ABOUT THE ASSOCIATES
If you love art and want to make a difference in your community, become a member of the WAG Associates. Established in 1948, our group:
- Acts as ambassadors of the WAG
- Raises funds for the Gallery
- Provides volunteer support to the WAG
- Offers members a wide range of social and educational opportunities
The Associates are a standing committee of the WAG Board of Directors. Some of our major accomplishments include:
- Awarding more than 900 WAG Studio scholarships to young people
- Contributing to the acquisition of over 1,850 works of art, including support for Inuit art exhibits
- Helping develop the WAG Foundation and sustain it through donations totaling more than $885,000
- Establishing the Gallery Shop
- Initiating Art Rental & Sales in conjunction with the Junior League
- Creating the Clara Lander Library
- Join a study group: members research and present on art topics
- Attend lectures, guided tours of exhibits, and private visits to artists’ studios and homes of private collectors
- Receive early notification of often sold-out travel tours to galleries and museums around the world
- Fundraising activities and special events, including the WAG’s Home Tour
- Gallery Shop and WAG@The Forks
- Educational activities, such as docent programs,
- Art for Lunch, and audio guides for major exhibits
- Promoting the WAG and its programs
- Assisting with curatorial research and
- Inuit art projects
- From planning committees to short-term tasks
Newsletter: Receive The Insider three times a year, updating you on our latest activities. Click here to see the Associates Fall newsletter about all their latest activities.
WAG members are eligible to join the Associates for an annual fee:
Regular member $40
Student member $10
To view the application form, click here
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 204.786.6641 ext. 286
For the Love of Art
For the Love of Art chronicles The Associates history, activities, and the art acquisitions purchased through the years.
For the Love of Art is available at www.blurb.ca
Cost: softcover $50; $60-65 for hardcover
Additional costs include GST and Shipping (approx. $15.00).
If you have questions, or have trouble ordering, please email Diane Biehl.
For more information, email email@example.com