Top 5 Things to Do at WAG Over the Holidays
Winnipeg, Manitoba, December 20, 2017: Staying in Winnipeg over the holidays? Drop by the Winnipeg Art Gallery to see amazing art, make crafts, view the best commercials of the year, or find that last minute gift!
1. Visit INSURGENCE/RESURGENCE, a groundbreaking exhibition focused on leading and emerging Indigenous artists from across Canada who are pushing boundaries with their work. The WAG’s largest-ever display of contemporary Indigenous art covers 17,000 square feet of space inside and outside the Gallery.
2. Whether you are into Inuit art, contemporary sculpture, or the Group of Seven, you’ll enjoy nine galleries filled with diverse artwork sure to spark conversation or that perfect holiday selfie! For current exhibitions, visit wag.ca/art
3. Got some last minute shopping to do? You’ll be sure to find something for everyone on your list at the Gallery Shop (Memorial Blvd) or WAG@The Forks (Johnston Terminal). Featuring one-of-a-kind Manitoban and Canadian handmade items, the shelves are filled with inspiring gifts for all ages. Visit wag.ca/shop for holiday hours. Treat them to a full year of experiences with a gift membership to the WAG, available at the front desk, 204.789.1764, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. Tickets are selling fast for the 2017 Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity commercials December 22 (7pm), 27 (3:30pm, 7pm), and 29 (7pm). Winners are selected from over 35,000 entries representing 94 countries, providing a fascinating window to the world. Cash bar and snacks are available. Rated PG. Tickets available at the WAG front desk only.
5. Spend some creative time together at Family Fusion days, our DIY drop-in arts and crafts event, 1-3pm. $20 per family (2 adults and up to 4 children under 18), or $10 per family for WAG members.
- January 3 • Paint a Winter Landscape • Get out the paints and dream up a snowy winter wonderland.
- January 4 • Perfect Prints • Visit us at WAG Studio and learn some print techniques!
The Gallery is open Tuesday–Sunday, 11am-5pm and Friday, 11am-9pm. The Gallery closes December 24 at 2pm and remains closed on December 25. Regular hours apply to December 26 and January 1 (11am-5pm).
For details, visit wag.ca for the latest updates, follow us on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.
- 30 -
For more information or to arrange interviews, please contact:
Manager, Media & Marketing
Winnipeg Art Gallery
Public Relations Coordinator
Winnipeg Art Gallery
The Winnipeg Art Gallery is a cultural advocate – a lens and forum – helping people see and experience more through art. Playing a vital role in the community, engaging and enriching people of all ages and backgrounds through art and culture, the Winnipeg Art Gallery thrives as a creative, innovative, and accessible place for learning, discovery and inspiration.
- 2018 (4)
- January (4)
- 2017 (44)
- 2016 (49)
- 2015 (57)
- 2014 (61)
- 2013 (59)
- 2012 (72)
- 2011 (70)
- 2010 (51)
- 2009 (24)